SGR COMPLIANCE was founded in 2006 with a vision of becoming a thought leader in the field of financial crime prevention.
We help organizations minimize their risk exposure, protect themselves against financial crime, and constantly remain compliant with financial laws and regulation using our innovative two-pronged approach:
A solid understanding of the laws and legal implications surrounding financial crime is at the heart of our process. With the help of our in-house legal team and the Guarantee Committee, a body of experts in financial and anti-money laundering laws and regulation, we are always up-to-date on the latest financial regulation and data protection laws and ensure our data is of the highest standards and relevance for our clients’ needs.
Data Management Expertise
With over 13 years of experience in providing structured data solutions, we leverage the latest technology in data science, automation, machine learning, and data protection and combine it with the expertise of our analysts to provide data solutions that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your organization’s compliance control procedures.
Board of Directors
Founder of SGR Compliance & President of the Board of Directors
Over 14 years of experience in financial compliance, anti-money laundering and whistleblowing procedures coupled with over 17 years of experience in the private banking sector. Previously held leading roles at various financial institutions including Banca Intermobiliare Group, Banco di Lugano, and ING Bank (Lugano).
Edward F. Greco
Member of the
Board of Directors
Over 24 years of experience in banking and corporate law, international tax law, financial instruments, and due diligence and audit procedures for financial intermediaries. Previously was a partner at Greco & Associates Tax Law Firm, Milan and Lugano.
Member of the
Board of Directors
Author of numerous publications in the field of economics and finance. Currently holds the position of Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Lugano Pension Fund. Previously held the position of Director at the Center for Banking Studies in Lugano and taught at schools including the University of Insubria (Italy) and the University of Lausanne (Switzerland).
The Guarantee Committee supports SGR COMPLIANCE’s activities and functions as a legal collaborative body. It provides a discussion & consultation forum on issues related to anti-money laundering, compliance, privacy, and cyber crime.
Prof. Dr. Paolo Bernasconi
President of the Guarantee Committee
Professor, Lawyer, and Notary; specialized in international finance and tax law.
Currently held roles:
- Honorary Member of the Swiss Experts in Economic Crime Investigation (SEECI/ASECE/SEBWK)
- Full Member of The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners Limited /STEP
- Member of the WEF Global Agenda Councils
- Chairman of the Disciplinary Committee of the Swiss Association of Asset Managers (SAAM), Zurich
- Member of Federal Consulting Committees for the Anti-Money Laundering penal rules as well as for the Guidelines on Money
Laundering of the Swiss Banking Supervisory Authority, for the Federal Law on Stock Exchange, for the Federal Law on International Mutual Assistance in Criminal Matters
- Member of the Board at: Swiss Association for International and European Penal Law, Zurich (Switzerland); Seminary on Banking Law, Centre for Banking Studies of the Ticino Bankers Association, Lugano (Switzerland); Transparency International, Berlin (Advisory Board); Schweizerische Gesellschaft für Aussenpolitik/SGA/ASPE, Lenzburg (Switzerland); Science et Cité Foundation, Bern (Switzerland); International Society of Social Defence, Paris; Institute of International Humanitarian Law, San Remo (Italy); Southern California Institute of Architecture (Europe) Foundation, Vico Morcote/TI (Switzerland); several international and swiss humanitarian non-profit organisations. Previously held roles:
- Member of the Supervisory board concerning the Agreement on the Swiss banks’ code of conduct with regard to the exercise of due diligence.
- Expert ad personam within the Steering Committee of the European Conference on the Fight against Financial Crime.
- Vice-President of the Permanent Advisory Council of the Swiss Federal Authority against Money Laundering.
- Consultant to the Division of the United Nations Branch on Crime Prevention and Control, Vienna
- Member of Federal Consulting Committees for the revision of the Swiss Penal Code concerning the Anti-Money Laundering penal rules.
- Member of the Directory Board of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) in Geneva; designated as honorary member from 2014.
Dr. John Noseda
Lawyer with over 45 years of experience; specialized in criminal law.
Previously held roles:
- Attorney General of Canton Ticino.
- President of the Expert Commission for the reform of the judicial organisation of Canton Ticino.
- Vice President of the Committee of Radiotelevisione della Svizzera Italiana (CORSI).
- Member of the International Committee for the prevention of torture.
- Member of the Commission of experts for the appointment of magistrates in Canton Ticino.
- Supervisor of the global reform of the Constitution of Canton Ticino.
Dr. Stiliano Ordolli
Doctor of Law
After completing a doctorate in law at the University of Geneva, Stiliano Ordolli worked as an anti-money laundering specialist at a bank in Geneva. Following the diplomatic entrance exam, he joined the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA) in 2009, where he worked particularly as a deputy regional coordinator. Stiliano Ordolli joined fedpol on 1 February 2011 first as deputy head of the Money Laundering Reporting Office Switzerland (MROS) and, on 1 September 2013, as its Head, until end 2018. He was member of the Swiss delegation to the Financial Action Task Force and member of the Committee of Egmont Group of Financial Intelligence Units. Since February 2019, Stiliano Ordolli is the director of OAR-G (a self-regulatory organization).
He also provides expert advice for the Council of Europe in the framework against economic crime and he is the author of different articles and commentaries on this framework.